Honey Show Prep!

It's that time of the year- competition time!

For many years now I've entered my local ploughing match ladies tent competitions- this involves baking, jam and chutney making. Last year I also entered the Medway Beekeepers Association honey show and am going to again this year. The honey show is this Saturday and I'm entering 2 classes- the novice honey class and the photography class. Last year I did some baking as well but don't think I'll have time this year. I'm currently trying to pick my photo entries and then mount them ready to display. The honey has been bottled but I will have to clean and polish the jars up and get rid of any bubbles (last year I lost marks for a mark on the lid!)

Last years honey show and rosettes

Come see the show at Elm Court Garden Centre this weekend 9th and 10th September, the show will be open the same hours as the garden centre!

Medway Beekeepers

Comments

Popular Posts